Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things ...

Once you've been tagged you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you:

1) I’ve never been any good with numbers; that’s Randall’s thing.

2) To this day, white water rafting at UC Davis the summer before my junior year in high school is probably the most fun thing I’ve ever done.

3) I really wish I’d taken French and not Spanish in high school like I wanted to rather than listening to my mom (who minored in French in college, by the way) and counselor who advised me to take the latter.

4) The only person’s response/replies/advice that play in my mind in moments of doubt are Randall’s. He prevents me from doing or not doing anything that I might regret and when I remember his response to my actions or ideas, I know that I made the right choice.

5) Although it’s lessened over the past year or so and I am not at all afraid of them, after a rather unpleasant experience living with a roommate who had two dogs, I have an aversion for all animals –especially dogs.

6) I’m spontaneous and sometimes quick to assume, but what I’ve realized is that my first instinct is almost always right or inevitably what I wish I’d gone with.

7) I keep wanting to chop off my hair again. Then I’ll see a picture of how long it was and remember that I want it to grow to the length it was before I cut it.

8) I have nicknames for most people, but I won’t shorten a person’s name if that’s what most people do or would do. For example: I will rarely call Jennifer, ‘Jenn’.

9) Regardless of whether or not I meet a person or have them described or simply spoken of a time or two, I form opinions about them very quickly. I know the type of person they are (trustworthy, scheming, etc.) immediately and if hearing about them from someone, I’m sure to let that person know my thoughts on whomever they’re speaking of. I’ve yet to be proven wrong about any of my presumptions.

10) I still sleep with Big Foot, my stuffed bunny rabbit that I’ve had for longer than I can remember and I cried a few months ago when I thought I’d lost her.

11) Since moving to Pittsburgh, I’ve learned many things about myself and life in general that I know I would’ve never learned had I stayed home.

12) I’m not a big fan of dresses. Not because I don’t like them, but because the ones I like never properly fit both my top and bottom halves. I get too frustrated trying to find one that will.

13) I really need to go to church and I’m an idiot for scheduling a class on Wednesday nights when that’s when I like to go. I just don't seem to wake up on Sunday mornings to go -terrible, I know.

14) Dictionary.com, ‘Shift F7’, and the squiggly red line that often appears when I type are my best friends. I truly cannot spell and forget the different meanings of far too many words.

15) Next to Randall, my Sunday drives to San Diego to clear my head, relax, and escape at my aunt’s house are what I miss most about Southern California.

16) I love commas and will sometimes misuse them just because I like them so much. Many times, I will flip a sentence around just so that I have to use one.

17) I didn't really start drinking wine until I moved to Pittsburgh and I have my cousin to thank for my appreciation of it.

18) I love it when people, particularly older people, tell me that I’m a wonderful person solely because I love replying “Thank you; my parents raised me to be this way.”

19) For some reason, I love to repeat myself when I write. It doesn’t matter if the sentences are back-to-back or spread out in my ramblings, but for some reason, I love to repeat myself when I write.

20) I sometimes feel bad for people who aren’t twins because they’ll never know how great it is to be one.

21) I really don’t understand how some twins don’t get along. That’s just strange.

22) Though I still have my occasional moments, talking to and hanging out with people out here who fail to admit to themselves that they are insanely insecure, has rid me of the few insecurities I once had.

23) I get a kick out of the fact that I listen to country music so much at work that if a song comes on the radio, there’s a good chance I’ll know who is singing. 


24) Virtually every time I drive into the city, I realize one of the things that captivated me a couple of years ago and am reminded as to why I so easily moved out here.

25) I will see any movie with Rachel McAdams or Taraji P. Henson; I’ve yet to be disappointed by any of their movies that I've seen.

26) Even though I don’t regret moving here, I curse this place for one reason or another about five days a week.

27) I burst into song every time I’m talking to Bisha and only Bisha. I don’t know what it is, but I couldn’t help it if I tried.

28) One of the top five grammatical errors that drives me crazy is the incorrect use of 'to', 'two', and 'too'. 


29) I’ve never been any good with numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment