Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Old Folks and Babies

• I still can’t figure out how elderly people and babies live in Pittsburgh, well, cold weather in general, I guess. I just don’t get it. All winter long, especially on the too frequent occasions that I have to step outside of my apartment, I’m trying to figure out how people get used to the madness that is this weather. I can’t imagine having to bundle up a little kid in 16 layers of clothes just to run to the grocery store. And those poor kids, they’re the ones that get to peel off that stuff when they get to school or wherever. Sucks for them. But then I think about retired folks or those who are past their prime and I think about how much I’d hate to have to take my slower self outside for any reason. Then last night, as my car was sliding around all over the place and my brakes were of no use as I drove home from work in beyond stupid weather, I realized that it sucks for people in the middle too (not babies and the elderly). I mean, we’re the ones that do a good deal of the driving and running of errands and whatnot. Nonsense.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know; people who grow up in snow or stupid cold weather are used to it. When peeling off layers of clothes is all they know as a kid, it’s just another part of life when they’re a teenager and adult. I guess they get used to carrying a ridiculously large bundle of a kid whenever they have them. I guess they get used to carrying their slightly frail body outside in their later years.

Whatever, this shit is for the birds. What’s that mean? No clue, really. Something my cousin said once (and many times since) that just … made sense.

Anyway, I can’t figure out how anyone ever gets used to this madness –babies, elderly, and folks in the middle.

Though it was nice for classes to be canceled today, this shit is for the birds.


• On another note, my frail twin, Superran, ran a dang half marathon last weekend. He ran the entire thing because it was 'easier to run than walk'. I need to get on his workout status. I keep meaning to ask if his roommate ran the entire thing too; though I assume his hyper go lucky ass did.

• I am so very happy that I have another place to stay the next time I’m back home. Shout out to G.G. for finding Bisha’s spot!

• I absolutely love my Management Sales and Strategies course. At least I do at the present time. Yesterday: personality analysis. Next week: analyzing high and low self-esteem. Great stuff. I had so many epiphanies about certain people while in class yesterday. It was ridiculously wonderful. I’m beginning to understand why some people are always such assholes/b!tches –and not in a ‘haha funny’ way. As of now though, those people still get on my last frikkin nerve. But yup, lovin’ the class.

• What is the deal with all these guys with the name ‘Eric/Erik’? My dad, brother, my sister’s guy, my cousin’s guy, the homie’s unofficial guy. The list goes on and on. Are there no other names out there?

• I got a text the other day that cracked me the hell up: “In 2008, if you have sent me chain texts, prayers, or promises, NONE OF THAT SHIT WORKED. In 2009 please send cash, food stamps, and gas cards.” Funniest text I’d gotten in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment