Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Think of You

You’ve traveled from one end of the country to the other and not on your own accord. I always assumed you were headed down that road, but it still amazed me to some extent when it came to fruition. It’s been a while since I’ve heard from you and I really hope that you’re doing well –well, as well as you possibly can be. Hopefully, time is passing by relatively quickly.

Please, know that I think about you often …

Lately, well, for at least a month now, I’ve had this nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen to you. I don’t know what because it always changes and I don’t know when or why, but it’s there. The feeling creeps upon me and when it starts to scare me, I say a prayer or two and it goes away for a while, but inevitably returns. I don’t know what the deal is, but it’s there.

I love you and think about you often …

I do know that you don’t care whether or not I read all or any of your posts or whether or not I’m not up to date in my reading, but I do. And it bothers me when I can’t keep up and right now, I have much to catch up on. I look forward to following your inescapable rise to the top and I’m glad to have had the opportunity to meet you. And I absolutely love the way in which you conclude each post which only adds to my reading pleasure as I draw near to that point.

Alicia, who thinks about you often …

Because of you, I find myself uncertain of actions and thoughts that were once certain. I question future steps and after running each possible scenario, still am entirely unsure of what to do and I’m at a loss. Do I call someone and ask their opinion of the day’s particular quandary or do I just wing it and go with the flow? I generally choose the latter –though going with the flow takes much more planning than it ever should. I’m uncertain and uncertainty has never suited me.

Yet I think about you often …

I find myself staring at old photos remembering you when all I’m really remembering are vague ideas I have and vivid images that others have painted for me about you. I think about how things might be if you were still around; how lives would have unfolded if you’d never gone. I stare at the photos and wonder how drastically different things would be. Or would they? And I wonder and hope that to some extent, I really do remember you.
After all, I think about you often …

To you whom I’ve never met, or have I? Yes, I believe they said I have met you though I’ve seen no pictures of the two of us together. Since I was far too young to remember such an encounter, I’ve never considered myself to have met you. I hear stories about you and can’t help but feel a tinge of regret at not knowing such a wonderful person. Each time I hear something about you, I think about them and their childhoods and how they’ve gotten to where they are today.

And though we’ve never met, I think about you often …

Often, I find myself reminiscing about childhood friends and get-togethers and have found that my mind always rests on you. I try to recall things that we used to do, games we used to play, the trouble we avoided and didn’t avoid and I get frustrated that so many memories are scattered and unclear. When I can remember the good times we once had, I am saddened by the knowledge that those days and times are long gone. Though I’ve bumped into other family members of yours, I’ve yet to run into you anywhere.

It’s been years, but I think about you often …


I’m blessed to have known you my entire life. The insane things we invented as children and the dangerous charades we took part in still light up my day when I think about them. I wonder where the future will take us and am reassured by the knowledge that you will always be there for life’s next adventure. Whether it makes any sense at all is of no consequence to us. We can go weeks or months not speaking, but it’s though no time at all has passed once we finally do.

Whether or not we’ve conversed in any way, I think about you often …

I love you and miss you dearly. It seems as though I often find myself remembering how wonderful of a woman you were. From what I remember and could see at the time, you were a wonderful wife, mother, friend, and second “mom” to your children’s friends. As much as I miss you and think about you, I can’t even begin to imagine how your family must feel and all I can do is pray for them. Though I know you are at peace and are in a better place, my eyes well and often turn to full out tears whenever I think of you.

You will always hold a special place in my heart in which I’ll think about you often …

No comments:

Post a Comment